March 19, 2021
Please see the below communication from Island Health. Please note that this communication only applies to Naturopathic Doctors offering front line care in the Island Health region:
Dear Community Health Care Provider,
During Phase Two of the BC COVID-19 vaccination plan specific groups of community-based health care providers who offer direct patient care in acute and community health care settings (including home care) will have the opportunity to be vaccinated between now and early April.
This form is for health care professionals who have not received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and do not already have an appointment booked. Please help us maintain an orderly and efficient booking process that respects B.C.’s vaccine distribution plan and do not share this link with anyone outside your clinic or anyone who is not eligible at this time.
You may have received a similar letter from Island Health the week of March 8-12 with instructions for a self-booking tool. Please disregard those instructions. The need to frequently check for new appointments proved to be very inconvenient for many people. This process will allow you to share your contact information with Island Health so we can contact you directly as appointments become available in your community.
What you need to know
Midwives, their office staff and community primary care providers who are seeing patients in person (nurse practitioners, medical practitioners, other patient care staff) and office staff (including medical office assistants) working in these settings are being captured through a different intake process and do not need to fill out this form.
Eligible professional groups include:
- Laboratory staff working in public health and private laboratories
- Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy staff
- Public and community health program staff (regional, provincial, federal)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses
- Research staff exposed to COVID-19 patients
- Speech-language pathologists and support staff
- Massage therapists
- Physiotherapists and support staff
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners
- Dentists, dental assistants, dental hygienists and office staff
- Occupational therapists and support staff
- Canadian Blood Services Staff
- Naturopaths [naturopathic doctors]
- Audiologists, Hearing Instrument Practitioners, and support staff
- Optometrists, Opticians
- Radiology/ imaging offices
- Social workers/Mental Health Workers (health care settings only)
Do not fill out this form if you are an Island Health employee. You will be contacted directly.
This form is only for eligible health care providers who have not made an appointment or received their first dose of vaccine.
This form should NOT be shared with anyone outside your clinic or practice setting.
Once your information is submitted we will reach out to you via email or phone to book your immunization. Appointments will be booked over the next few weeks – please do not be alarmed if we do not contact you right away.
What you need to do
Confirm that you:
- Belong to one of the professions noted above.
- Have not received your first dose of vaccine.
- Have not booked a vaccination appointment
- Are not an Island Health employee.
- Click on this link to provide your contact information.
- Island Health will contact you in the next 1 to 4 weeks to book your vaccination appointment.
- The availability of appointments is based on vaccine supplies. We will make appointments available as quickly as possible.
- Remember – it is essential to continue following Public Health orders, even after vaccination.
Thank-you for your cooperation and support.
- Unsure if the vaccines are right for your personal health circumstances? Please speak with your primary care provider.
- For information about vaccine safety, efficacy and other information, please visit the BC Centre for Disease Control website.
- If you have questions about the prioritization order for vaccination, or about BC’s Immunization Strategy, please visit the BC Government website.
For questions about this booking process for health-care workers who provide direct care in acute and community settings, please email: CommunityAlliedVac@viha.ca