March 25, 2021
Re: Reminder of Annual General Meeting and Election Information
This is a reminder that Annual General Meeting (the “AGM”) of the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (the “College”) is scheduled to take place from 10:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 8, 2021, online via Zoom webcast. Attendees will be eligible for one (1) hour of continuing education credits in Category A.
The AGM will be followed by an education session from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m with a 1-hour lunch break at noon. The education session will feature a guest speaker, Shannon Beauchamp, on the topic of cultural safety and humility in health care. Attendees will be eligible for two (2) hours of continuing education credits in Category G.
Information on how to register for the AGM will be sent to Registrants approximately one month prior to the meeting by our facilitator’s at Get Quorum. Please monitor your inbox and junk folders for the registration notice and information.
Please note an election will take place at the AGM. The College’s election procedures are outlined in the document entitled “AGM Election Procedures” found at the following link:
To download the Nomination Form and Proxy Appointment Form, please go to the following links on the College’s website:
Continuing Education Courses
The College is pleased to advise that the following continuing education courses have been approved for continuing education credits. Please note that these courses have been added to the Category F list that is available in the online ROSS Portal.
Pacific Training Institute for Facial Aesthetics & Therapeutics (“PTIFAT”)
The following courses offered by PTIFAT have been approved for two (2) hours each of continuing education credits in Category F – Prescribing Authority:
- Level 2 – Basis Botulinum Toxin: Aesthetic Upper Face & Therapeutic Pain Management;
- Level 3 – Advanced Botulinum Toxin: Cosmetic Mid Face, Lower Face/Neck & Myofascial Pain;
- Level 4 – Basic Facial Dermal Filler: Vermillion border, Lips, Naso-Labial Folds, Cheeks, Marionette Lines; and
- Level 5 – Advanced Facial Dermal Filler: Maxillary Cheek Augmentation, Cheek Volume, Temporal Volumes, Chin Volume, Canula Technique for Volume.
BC Centre for Disease Control (“BCCDC”)
The following BCCDC COVID-19 Immunization webinars have been approved for one (1) hour total (not each) of continuing education credits in Category F – Prescribing Authority:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Overview webinar;
- COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines webinar; and
- Viral Vector Vaccines COVID-19 webinar.
For more information on these webinars, including how to register, please refer to the BCCDC website.
Registrar and Chief Executive Officer