Certification in Injectable fillers authorizes a registrant to perform injections of dermal fillers in the face for an aesthetic purpose. It is prohibited to administer dermal filler injections into any areas other than the face.
A naturopathic physician certified in Injectable fillers is not permitted to delegate those acts to any other person, or give an order to any other person to perform the injections on his or her behalf. It is professional misconduct to delegate these injection procedures, or to direct another person to perform them.
Dermal fillers used for these procedures must have an active medical device licence from Health Canada (search Health Canada’s Medical Devices Active Licence Listing by “Device name”).
Naturopathic physicians who provide injections of dermal fillers are required to complete CNPBC approved education and training prior to performing such procedures, including certification in Prescriptive Authority, and to maintain currency in the practice.
In order to apply for certification in Injectable fillers, naturopathic physicians must:
- Have the status of full registrant under s. 46 of the CNPBC Bylaws;
- Be certified in Prescriptive Authority;
- Possess a current qualification in Naturopathic Advanced Life Support (NALS); and
- Have satisfied the training requirements for this certification.
Registrants may take any of the following courses to satisfy the training requirements for this certification:
– Prior to January 22, 2019: American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM): Level 1 and Level 2 Certification
– American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M): Module IV and Module VIII
– Canadian Society of Skin Medicine, Dr. Henry Ngai, MD and Dr. Moon-Sang Choi, ND
– International Institute of Aesthetic Medicine: Injectable HA Filler Foundations (previously MD Cosmetic, Dr. Haneef Alibhai, MD)
– Cerilean Medical Inc, Vicki Mulyk RN, Certificate of Completion in Primary Aesthetic Injectables
– Pacific Training Institute for Facial Aesthetics and Therapeutics (PTFIA) – Level 4 – Basic Facial Dermal Fillers: Vermilion Border, Lips, Naso-Labial Folds, Cheeks & Marionette Lines