Facial Mesotherapy, Fat Reduction and Body Contouring
Certification in facial mesotherapy, fat reduction and body contouring using injection or other devices authorizes a registrant to perform injections (i.e., mesotherapy injections to the face, and fat reduction and body contouring injections to the body) of small doses of non-prescription injectables and prescription injectables immediately below the dermis for an aesthetic purpose.
Naturopathic physicians who provide facial mesotherapy, fat reduction and body contouring using injection or other devices are required to complete CNPBC approved education and training prior to performing such procedures, including certification in Prescriptive Authority, and to maintain currency in the practice.
In order to apply for certification in facial mesotherapy, fat reduction and body contouring using injection or other devices, naturopathic physicians must:
- Have the status of full registrant under s. 46 of the CNPBC Bylaws;
- Be certified in Prescriptive Authority, if using scheduled substances;
- Possess a current qualification in Naturopathic Advanced Life Support (NALS); and
- Have satisfied the training requirements for this certification.
Registrants may take any of the following courses to satisfy the training requirements for this certification:
– Mesotherapy, Fat Reduction and Body Contouring course offered by Dr. Henry Ngai MD and Dr. Moon-Sang Choi ND at the Canadian Society of Skin Medicine
– Mesotherapy Course offered by Viatrexx
– Mesotherapy (Cosmetic) course offered by Dr. Michael Rahman ND at Pinewood Institute for the Advancement of Natural Therapies